Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Using up those Scraps #3

Hi everyone.  I am sharing this post over at She's a Sassy Lady for my monthly visit - so thanks for having me Sheila.

As you know, I have had a really big sort out of my craft room and therefore have been trying to use up a lot of my scraps - and I do have a lot of scraps!!

I spent a little time in the craft room over the weekend.

Here is my card for today, and I will explain how I made it below.  I am using up my 8" by 3" cards from the UK.


I used a 1.5" punch to cut out a pile of circles from my scraps.  I am working my way through my colour drawers, so it's greens today :-)


I got a piece of plain card stock (yep from my scraps) and covered it with double sided sticky tape. Then I placed my first layer of circles.


The second layer of circles I inked up, and then placed over the spots that remained to be covered. Trimmed it down to fit my card.


Next up, I used some more scraps (told you I have a lot LOL) and made some flowers.  I was inspired to make these flowers by Desire of Doing Life, and here is the link to her great tutorial for them, they are made up from the 1.5" round punch too :-)  Thanks for sharing Desire.  The tiny butterfly is from Birds Cards and the sentiment is from a Polkadoodles CD.


For the inside I just added a cream panel to the patterned paper and stamped it with some tiny butterflies.


And there you go, a card from scraps.


I am entering this card in the following challenges.

Delightful Challenges - Challenge: 1,2 Punch (closes 20 Aug)

Craft Your Passion Challemges - Challenge #226: Use at least 3 patterned papers (closes 24 Aug)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #70: Always Anything Goes (closes 21 Aug)

Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenges - Challenge #49: Anything Goes (closes 25 Aug)

Little Scrap Pieces - Show it off Saturday Linky Party (closes 23 Aug)

Crafting From the Heart - Challenge #32: Anything Goes (closes 24 Aug)

Clear it Out Challenge Blog - Challenge: Theme Anything Goes; Stash Anything Goes (closes 25 Aug)

Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for your wonderful comments and support of my blog.

Happy crafting everyone.

29 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning creative use of circles (my favourite shape). Love the folded circles on the front and the beautiful colours in the design paper you have used.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lynn's Place said...

Oh my what an exciting card...tfs & joining us @ CIO challenge blog...see you soon

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow this turned out amazing.... Great use of using those scraps....

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow! What a creative design, Karon. This is gorgeous.
Hugs
Teresa

Gertrude said...

Das sieht ja super schön aus
gefällt mir sehr gut
glg Gertrude

Karen said...

What an amazing use of scraps! The design is so striking! Beautifully done, my friend! Have a happy day. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Karon!! The circles look amazing!! I always love Desire's folded embellishments and you have done a perfect job with them!! Fabulous use of your scraps!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lori said...

So very wonderful - love the flowers you created and the long, tall look!

Sarah said...

Brilliant...just brilliant you clever thing!! xx

Nana said...

WOW I love this card. Love the circle background and the colors are fab.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Maria Matter said...

what a totally cool design Karon, this is beautiful!!
great job using up your scraps!
:)

Scraphappenswithrhonda said...

awesome so pretty. love it. hugs

Em Louise Fairley said...

I love it Karon! :)

yyam said...

Ooooh...what a great use of the scraps!I love what you did with the circles!

mylittlecraftblog said...

What a fun way to use up those scraps! I can't wait to see more of what you do with them. I have a ton, too!!

Evelyn

kdnkdd said...

Love how you used scraps to make this beautiful card.

Creative M said...

Stunning and so BEAUTIFUL!!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

irishfaery said...

What a clever idea to use some scraps up! And it looks stunning!

Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week!

Kez
DT Member

Tracy said...

Such a great card, and all made out of scraps!!!!
I tried those diamond shaped circles on a card before, but because I didn't think they were perfect….I didn't use them
Yours are pretty perfect though :)

Sandy Trefger said...

Fabulous card and amazing way to use up those scraps!!

Tracey said...

Stunning.....you would have never known your beautiful card started with scraps, love the flower!

Lisa :) said...

I'm a green crafter so I LOVE a project like this!! I'll have to try it soon! Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafting From The Heart!! Hope to see you again soon! —Lisa, DT

craftybunny said...

This is so beautiful and amazing way to use up your scraps.Love the dimensional flowers and how you've kept the butterfly theme throughout.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Beautiful Karon! Love the details!!

Susie

D- said...

What a BEAUTIFUL design. LOVE this idea. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Great work!!!

Erin Stephenson said...

What a cute project! Thanks for playing at Clear It Out! We hope to see you next challenge and good luck

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Karon this is awesome...love the design, the papers and the colors. you have such magic in your hands!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Lisa M said...

WOAH!!! What the coolness. I've only made these once, but seeing it like this tempts me all over again :D
HUGS!