Monday, 11 August 2014

Using up those Scraps #2

Hi everyone.

We enjoyed the lovely weekend with Andy home, take him to the airport today :-(

I did a little bit of gardening on the weekend, please remind me not to leave it so long to weed!  I only did the back garden and that took me 2 1/2 hours!  I still have to do the front, but that will have to wait, as it got too hot yesterday.

This card took me under an hour to make. I did it first thing yesterday morning when I was pottering around and in between wash loads.

Firstly, I cut three different scraps into strips of  3/4".


I used a base piece of card stock (from my plain scraps), I made sure it was big enough for two pieces for my 8" by 3" card.  One for the outside and one for the inside :-)


Covered the base card stock with double sided sticky tape - you could use adhesive card stock, but I don't have any :-) Then just added the strips of paper diagonally across the base.


Then I trimmed it and cut it to fit my card.


Stamped another piece of scrap with the bird and birdcage and added a little Thank You stamp underneath.


All the edges of all the layers have been inked with CTMH Cocoa.

I added a few pearl dots from Flourish with a Bling to finish of the front, and placed the image and sentiment up on foam dots and tape to add dimension.


For the inside I added the patterned background and a little panel, stamped with the bird, to write a message.


That's it, another quick card and using up my scraps.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

32 comments:

Gertrude said...

WOW, toll gemacht
glg Gertrude

jessica said...

beautiful card Karon!
Love that fun background!
AWESOME job!

Doreen said...

A fabulous card.Love the image and gorgeous colours.xxx

Nana said...

Fabulous card. Great papers. Thanks for sharing the background technique. I must give it a try.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

tilly's crafts said...

fabulous card Karon! May have to try this as I think I'm starting to drown in scraps that are so pretty I can't bring myself to throw them away lol!
Kim x

Creations by Shirl said...

Adorable and great ways of using up those scraps... I have tons of them and just waiting to find the time to do some quilt cards with them...LOL!

Lori said...

Such a cool way to make the background - love that it's diagonal! Very cute!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Karon, thanks for sharing such a fab idea.
Kevin xx

Lisa said...

This is just gorgeous, Karon!! I love the background...I am going to have to try that!! I have so many scraps I need to use!! Fabulous card my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

What a brilliant idea Karon and it looks amazing too!! xx

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is fabulous and thanks for the reminder to use this simple technique, which I haven't done in quite a while. I like that you stamped on patterned paper too. That is not something I have ever done and I really like the look of it.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Missy said...

Karon I love this, I love the long skinny card and the variety of pattern paper strips! Super!!

Karen said...

Karon, this is another beautiful use of scraps! I love the angular design and love how it resembles washi tape! :o) The stamping is so beautiful, inside and out. Gorgeous creation! I hope you have a great da y. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Creative M said...

I love this!! Beautiful card my friend!! I saved a couple of videos on making cards like this one but I have not tried it yet. Now I will .Thanks for the inspiration...I LOVE it!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Em Louise Fairley said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for all your support and condolences hon, they really do mean so much to all of us.

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

Susie Craft Happy! said...

OMG!!! So creative!! Beautiful card!

Susie

Scraphappenswithrhonda said...

very pretty card. hugs

Tracy said...

Another great card made with your scraps!
I love the image of the birdcage with the bird, so cute.

aussie aNNie said...

Classy and very elegantly made card, particularly using up these scraps.. as always these are super colours..xxx ♥aNNie

The Journey is the Start

Charlotte C said...

Oooh, I love the diagonals. I think I'll have to scraplift this one, if you don't mind. TFS

Stephanie said...

Karon, this is gorgeous! Love how you made the background paper. Looks beautiful on that skinny card. Another winner.

Sandy Trefger said...

What a fabulous idea for using scraps on a card! I'll have to give this a try as scraps tends to take over my craft space!!

kdnkdd said...

Very nice and love that background. Great way to use up scraps.

Claire Boelema said...

I love this - brilliant idea. x

Lisa said...

Wonderful job! It turned out fabulous!
Hugs,
Lisa
CRe8n4u

Asha said...

LOVE the mix of papers here - bright and happy combo. Hope you are well, Karon.
hugs, Asha

Norma said...

Fabulous background and a great way to use up those scraps:) I love the vertical card, lovely Karon!!
Hugs,
Norma

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love what you've done!!

Anet van Zyl said...

Hallo Karon, your card is stunning. I love the layout and the beautiful image. Anet x

Tracey said...

Fabulous idea Karon......the mix of pattern papers are really pretty! Great card!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Loved this idea Karon...pinning it
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

D- said...

I LOVE your card. You are sure putting those scraps to goo use. Thanks for sharing. Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot