Saturday, 9 August 2014

Using up those Scraps #1

Hi everyone.

Well, I did manage to get a little time in the craft yesterday.  I decided that as I have sorted out my craft room, now would be a good time to use up some of those scraps!

I thought I would just go through each scrap paper draw and make a card from each of them.  I am going to use up some of my 8" by 3" cards to do this.

So, for a very quick card, I just picked some patterned papers (pinks/reds draw) - cut them up, placed them how I liked and then there you go.


I used a die cut by Cheery Lynn Designs - Small Exotic Butterflies, still using those same scraps.

All the edges of all the layers, butterfly and sentiments were inked with CTMH Cotton Candy.


The sentiment tickets are from my Polkadoodles stash, and can be found on many of the CD's.

For the inside, I finished off the rest of these scraps and added a little cream panel to write a message.


I added some gems to the body of the butterfly and to the right front of the card, just to add a little sparkle.


So a very quick card.  Hope to have another quick one to share with you soon :-)

Andy is home for the weekend, so won't be about much :-)

Have a great weekend everyone.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

Doreen said...

Love the colours, a fabulous design.xxx

Sarah said...

What a great idea Karon and I love the unusual card size too. Have a lovely weekend xx

jessica said...

beautiful job Karon!!
Love the pattern papers!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love this so much, I think I will try this simple technique. You know how much I like using my scraps.

Enjoy your weekend with your beloved Andy.

Hugs,
Teresa

Stephanie said...

You have gorgeous scraps. Love the card, it's fabulous!

Lisa said...

Happy Saturday, Karon!
Love your scrappy Birthday card... It turned out very pretty!
Hugs,
Lisa
CRe8n4u

Gertrude said...

WOW, toll gemacht
glg Gertrude

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the mixture of patterns!! The butterfly is beautiful!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

D- said...

What a great way to use your scraps. LOVE your card. Thanks for the inspiration.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Karon, I love the pretty papers and the butterfly is pretty. Very good idea to use the scrap papers. Just stunning. Anet x

Tracy said...

Your card is very pretty and a great way to use up some of those scraps we all have so much of ;)
I like the butterfly, a beautiful touch.
I try to use up all of my scraps come the new year :)

Andie Miller said...

What a pretty card- and all with scraps. That butterfly is just fab with all the detail. Cheery Lane has some great dies. Nice job!

Karen said...

This is such a fun card, Karon! I love the mix of papers you used... such a wonderful use of scraps! The butterfly is stunning, especially with the sparkling pink body. :o) Wonderfully done! I hope you had a beautiful weekend with the whole family together. :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Tracey said...

Love this idea Karon. Beautiful collage of pattern papers, great card!

Nana said...

Beautiful card my fiend. Love the papers and design.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Creative M said...

Such a Beautiful card and from scraps!! ADORE the butterfly!
I started working with my scarps about a month ago and my stash is now smaller. Good Idea!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Charlotte C said...

So colorful. Great idea for using scraps. At least yours all go together.

Sandy Trefger said...

Love this card! So pretty and the beautiful butterfly is wonderful!

Claire Boelema said...

Another fab idea and card. That butterfly is beautiful! x

Asha said...

What a fun way to use up scraps, Karon.
hugs, Asha

Norma said...

Beautiful card and loving the butterfly:) TFS
Hugs,
Norma