Thursday, 27 February 2014

Rules are to be broken! Aren't they?

Hi every one.  How is your week going?

I had Emily home again yesterday, she now has stomach flu - oh joy!  Bless, she was up most of Tuesday night either being sick or sitting on the loo :-(  It has totally wiped her out but I think it is just a 24 hr bug, well I hope so anyway.

I have for you today, the next four cards in the One Sheet Wonder Set of 16 cards.  Well, I have now added another designer paper, just to replace the white.  I tell you, I would definitely be no good at CAS cards, I hate the white space.

I used the embossing folder Floral Fantasy for the blue background on the next two cards.


Once again all the edges were inked with CTMH Sorbet and the same for the stamps.


As you can see - the theme of the stamps this time is flowers, so I couldn't resist adding a little flower and pearl dot to each card.  And it also fills in some of that white space, I so hate :-)

For the next two cards, I introduced another designer paper from the Recollections Cherry Blossom stack.


A nice mix of sentiments too, for lots of different occasions.


And of course, I decorated the insides too.


And there you have it. Another 4 done, only 9 more to go :-)  I think the idea behind this One Sheet Wonder, is that you can make them all really quickly, but because I have added extra layers etc it is taking a little bit longer.  


Welcome to my new followers - please stay a while and comment.  I have been over and followed those that I can find - if I haven't then please leave me a comment as I would love to return the favour :-)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

21 comments:

Naomi Edwards said...

I think your cards look awesome Karon!!!!, very pretty paper and colors, Love this whole set with all the different sentiments and stamps! Oh! and the white space, lol Maybe if you tried a white card base you wouldn't hate the white that is taking center stage so bad?? I really love it! xxx

Anet van Zyl said...

So sad to hear that Emily is not feeling well, hope she gets better soon. Your cards are beautiful and elegant Karon, I love the colour combination and the embossing background on the two first cards. Pretty background paper for the last two cards.

Tracey said...

What a beautiful set of cards Karon...love the colors and the stamped images are so pretty. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon! I had the same thing a week ago and I'm still not 100%.

jessica said...

Your cards are awesome Karon!!! Love the papers you used!!!!!!
Sure hoping your daughter is feeling better REALLY soon!!! Always a bummer to have a sick kiddo :(

Creations by Shirl said...

Love those pretty cards Karon... Love the papers and the design to them.... Aww hope your DD gets better soon.. Take care!

Andie Miller said...

Great set, Karon. I think you're right, the rules are meant to be broken especially when they make such lovely cards in the end.

Sandy Trefger said...

Sorry that your Emily has a stomach bug! Ugh. Love your cards! Fabulous colors!!

Lisa said...

They are all absolutely gorgeous, Karon!! I just love the papers you are using!! And I know exactly what you mean about the white space...I can't stand it either!! I wish I could do CAS, but layers just call to me :) I hope Emily is feeling much better. The stomach flu is the worst. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

kdnkdd said...

Loving your cards. Don't you just love the beauty of crafting. It gives you the freedom to do whatever you want to do. lol

donna said...

Great cards. I think the "One Sheet Wonder" can be considered a starting point like the sketches we see everywhere for cards & pages.

Lori said...

Lovely cards - love the blue and orange! Hope your daughter is feeling better...

Leslie McGrath said...

Karon your cards are adorable!! And the best creations come from broken rules! Hope Emily is feeling better!!

Creative M said...

Such a GORGEOUS set of cards!! love the stamps!!! And the embossing is so PRETTY. I have never seen that embossing folder before. I LOVE It!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Tanya/Nonna said...

Lovely! I agree with you about the whole "rule issue". Definitely made to be broken...lol! I love these colors together. Your layers, inking and pretty embellishments just bring everything together beautifully.
Hope your Emily feels better soon!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Karon. I went and did the 16 cards, but I added some embellishments too. I did stick with just one sheet of patterned paper, though. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sorry to hear about your girl. Hopefully the bug passes through quickly.

Stephanie said...

These cards are so pretty, Karon. I love the papers and colors. The inking adds so much as do all your details.

Karen said...

These are beautiful, Karon! I LOVE the embossed background and the gorgeous papers. :o) Lovely work, my friend! I hope Emily is feeling much better now. :o) Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Tracy said...

These are all great cards :)
Good to have them on hand :)

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Yes mam! Really pretty cards!!

Susie

Asha said...

These are lovely, Karon. And all from the same one sheet! Hope Emily is feeling better.
hugs, Asha

Skye said...

These are lovely too. I like how you have set a theme, butterflies/flowers.