Tuesday, 25 February 2014

One Sheet Wonder - well sort of :-)

Hi everyone.

I was having a wander round the web the other day and came across this fabulous idea of making 16 cards with one sheet of designer paper.  Here is the link to Ink it Up with Jessica Taylor.

Also, whilst watching the Olympics on the weekend, I sorted out most of my stamps.  Putting them onto storage sheets and into folders.  Doing this enabled me to see stamps I had totally forgotten about.  I think I might un-mount my wooden stamps and put them on foam, then I will be able to put those in a folder too.

However, lets get back to these cards!  Me being me, I don't always follow rules very well and as I don't like white space, I just had to add another sheet of designer paper into the pot :-)

The dotty paper is from Fancy Pants Designs called Little Sprout.  The blue fan paper is from a Recollections stack called Cherry Blossoms.

Here is the first of three out of the sixteen cards.  I also didn't use the thin strips of paper, I used ribbon instead.  The sentiments on the first two cards are from two different magazine freebies.


The butterflies are from an InkaDinkaDo set, as is the "Thinking of You" sentiment.


The tiny little butterflies are from a Hollie Hobbie set, called Natures Walk (also a magazine freebie).


For the inside I added the same base layers as the front, plus the white central piece for writing on. There are those teeny tiny butterflies again :-)  I did the same for all three cards.  All the layers, on all the cards, have been edged with CTMH Sorbet ink.


I am so pleased with how these have turned out.  Glad I didn't leave the base of the card white!


There you have it, the first three done.  Only thirteen more to go :-)

I am entering these cards in the following challenges.

Eureka Stamps - Challenge #78: Add a Butterfly (closes 2 Mar)

Card Makin Mamas - Challenge CMM81: Stack it Up 3 layers or more (closes 6 Mar)

Love to Create - Challenge #104: Anything Goes (closes 2 Mar)

Sister Act Card Challenges - Challenge #45: Anything Goes (closes 27 Feb)

Little Scrap Pieces - Show it of Saturday Linky Party (closes 1 Mar)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

30 comments:

Doreen said...

Fabulous cards,love them.xxx

Asha said...

So cute, Karon! Can't wait to see the rest.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Creations by Shirl said...

Love how simple yet so pretty in all three cards.... The papers and butterflies are perfect!

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous, Karon!! I love the beautiful papers and the butterflies!! Wow, 16 cards from one sheet of designer paper!! That's amazing!! Can't wait to see the other 13!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

jessica said...

These are all so pretty!!!!
Gorgeous papers and love the designs!!
FAB job!!!

Creative M said...

LOVELY cards!! Awesome job my friend!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

Teresa Arsenault said...

These are gorgeous, Karon, and you can be sure I am going to check out that blog post.

What a clever girl you are to have sorted your stamps while watching the Olympics. It does feel good to tidy up and improve storage options and you have the added benefit of having discovered stamps you had forgotten about. Win-win, all the way around; a great way to celebrate your own personal Olympic activity. :)

Amber Holder said...

These are lovely! I love the butterflies. Personally, I am very glad I unmounted all my stamps. They take up so much less space and are more uniform to store.

Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

kdnkdd said...

Very pretty. I did this for my daughter with a black and white paper stack and like you I did it my way and made several different sized cards and note cards etc.

Charlotte C said...

Love your cards I'll have to check out the link My December post here was 20 cards from 3 sheets of CS. It was mind-boggling cutting and placing all the pieces to look good, and I cheated with 3D stickers.

Stephanie said...

These are so pretty, Karon. Love the beautiful papers.

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Karon!
Kevin xx

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful cards! Even if you used 2 sheets of paper for 16 cards that is fabulous!

Anet van Zyl said...

Hallo Karon, you cards are beautiful. I love the layout and papers. Stunning.

karalschuknecht said...

Your cards are beautiful, and what a great start to the 16. Thanks for joining us this week for "Add a Butterfly."
Good Luck.

Karal DT for Eureka Stamps
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

Norma said...

WOW! I love all these Karon, so beautiful:) Thank you for visiting and the sweet comments:)
Hugs,
Norma

Cathy P. said...

Love the way you have used the paper to create these cards. Thanks for linking up your work with us the week at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
Cathy xx

Tracy said...

Your cards turned out wonderfully :)
Great way to use up some older paper as well :)

Missy said...

Oh Karon these are fabulous, I love, love the pattern paper and the colors!!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful! all three cards are so pretty. Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Karen said...

These are gorgeous, Karon! The papers are so lovely and I adore whimsical butterflies. Stunning work as always, my friend! I hope you have a happy day! :o)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Andie Miller said...

What a lovely set of cards! I like how the stamping really sets off the patterned papers and layers. Keep up the good work- waiting to see the rest!

Lisa M said...

Now that's a challenge I love to see! The first 3 are incredible looking and I'm with you...fill the void with PRETTY!!! :D

Diane said...

Fabulous card designs Karon.

Hugs Diane

Lisa said...

Wonderful Karon and I'm glad you don't follow the rules, because those 2 designer papers look great together. Good luck in your challenge entries!
Hugs,
Lisa
CRe8n4u

Tanya/Nonna said...

Lovely! The papers you chose are so soft and pretty and I love the butterfly. You are off to a wonderful start - these are just beautiful!

Michelle said...

Very pretty cards. Thanks for joining us at Love To Create this week.

Jacki Randolph said...

Fabulous design and colors!
Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create!!
Hugs' xx
Jackie - LTC owner

Penny said...

Great set of cards, I love the colour combination you used. Thanks for sharing with us at CMM

Skye said...

Lovely cards. I like the colour combo and the dp. What a interesting exercise.