Friday, 13 September 2013

For those pesky Boys!

Hi all my fab friends.  How are you all out there in blogland today?  Hope you have all had a fabulous week.

I have been doing Shannon's bedroom this week, and have now filled all the holes and repaired the walls where the shelves had been.  Sanded them down and will now be making a start on the white work (base boards, window frames and doors)  I hate this part :-)  I will possibly be able to start the walls themselves next week, will have to prime the upper half first and then start painting.  So it's coming along.

Anyways, here we are, the beginning of another challenge at Polka Doodles and this week we are focusing on the men or boys in our lives.  You know the ones we all have trouble with, when it comes to making them something. So the theme is One For the Boys.

Here is my little bit of inspiration for you this week.


I like the clean lines of this one - nothing frilly but I did add that little bit of Twinery Twine, the colour is Shore, which I won as blog candy back in June from Great Impression Stamps - thank you :-)

My image is from the Polka Doodles Candy Doodles CD and I coloured him up with pencils and Gamsol. Just fancied a change of medium :-)  I did edge him with Spectrum Noir BT1.


Both my papers and sentiment were from the Polka Doodles Sugar Birdies CD.  I printed one sheet double-sided in order to do the faux frame in the middle. My card is 5.5" square, I inked all the edges of all the layers.  The image and sentiment are up on pop dots for added dimension.


For the inside I have used the same papers as the front, inking the edges, adding a white centre for writing on and adding those little stars to finish off.


Remember when taking part in Polka Doodles challenges, you are only allowed to enter a maximum of 10 challenges, including Polka Doodles, in order to be eligible for any prizes.

Also, don't forget, that Polka Doodles have free Worldwide shipping on all purchases over £10 (approx $16).

Nikky also has a most fabulous new release called Home for Christmas.

*** A Home for Christmas CD Collection

Full of fabulous Christmas goodies - over 500 printable elements; papers, digital images both coloured and black/white, sentiments, envelopes, inserts, embellishments, topper, frames/borders and new to this CD are some wonderful decoupage sheets.  It truly is gorgeous!

Here is a sneak peak of a card I made :-)  Come back Sunday to see :-)


This card is being entered in the following challenges.

Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog - Challenge #63: Masculine cards (closes 4 Oct)

Totally Paper Crafts - Challenge #184: Birthday Boys (closes 19 Sept)

Crafty Catz - Challenge #198: Mens/Boys Cards (closes 19 Sept)

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge #286: Hip to be Square (closes 18 Sept)

Bunny Zoe Crafts - September Challenge: Something Blue (closes 13 Oct)

Crafting by Designs - Challenge Anything Goes (closes 17 Sept)


Parade your Crafts - Challenge #3: Anything Goes (closes 16 Sept)

Red Carpet Studios - Challenge #52: Anything Else (closes 14 Sept)

Sister Act Card Challenge - Challenge #24: Always Anything Goes (closes 19 Sept)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

41 comments:

  1. So cute, Karon. Love the colour combo.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Just love it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Karon, I like the image, the papers and the fabulous design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!! Love your boy design. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Karon, love the frame! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I love those stars peeking out where you folded back the papers. I think the colored pencils look great. For many images I like their look better, I just suck at coloring with them ;) *LOL*

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOLOLOL pesky boys! :) great card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my,my,my! I love the pretty fold on this awesome card. The papers are great and that sweet image is colored beautifully. The inside looks wonderful also. I'm anxious to see the entire image of your little "sneak" - it's looking amazing! Have a wonderful weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Karon!! I love the folded frame!! It looks amazing!! And the image is adorable and colored perfectly!! What a fabulous card my friend!! Awesome sneak, too!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG so beautiful Boy project i love the design and the papers <3 xxx Lidia

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, Karon. He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of the cutest designs to put together... Love the image and how you have it on the top of the box.....
    TFS Karon - enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card, and the great folds on it.... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card! I love the frame. Perfect for a boy and yes, boy or manly cards are harder for me to make!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karon, I ADORE this!!! I really love that frame!!! Fabulous job, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Karon. I really love the frame. I'm off to find a tutorial for it. Great colors, cute image and love how you did the inside too. Love the tease. Can't wait to see the final project.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great boy card.love the window on the card with DP!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card is fabulous.
    I love the dimension of the paper just by folding it.
    Great image and wonderfully coloured.
    Good luck with the prep work. I hate doing that as well

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a darling card and such a cool frame you created! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is awesome!! Love the image and the frame is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The colours, image, design.......its all fabulous! What a great gift box. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cool, I love the folds and the images are great
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a cute card! I love how you've done the faux frame in the centre! Love it! Thanks for joining in at Crafting by Designs this week! Mo DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is awesome Karon I haven't made one of those little frames in ages and I love the soft colours hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK by responding to this comment so I can easily find this post.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great job Karon! You have gotten so much better than when I first started following you (not to say you were bad, cause you're not!). Hope you win something. Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Crafting
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super Cute ,Cool & Fun!!!...Be back Sunday!!!
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is really cute. Love the paper and layout choices.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the frame, so creative. Perfect boy card with the blues and yellows. Thank you for joining us at Parade Your Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Karon this is terrific. LOVE this a lot. TFS.
    Crafty hugs
    D~
    designsbydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  32. A lovely card. I love how you have made the frame. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Caz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a nice idea to place an image in such kind of frame, Karon!
    Thank you so much for sharing & joining Totally PaperCrafts challenge!
    Hope you'll play along with us in the upcoming challenges too.

    ~Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow fabolous card ,thanks for joining CCT this week!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great card, Karon. He's adorable- I really like the frame. You've really done a fabulous job with that image. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Karon, this is such a brilliant design... and so wonderfully executed. :o) I love how you've framed the sweet image! The papers you used are perfect for a masculine card and I love the sweet sentiment. :o) Boy cards can indeed be challenging, but you've done a stellar job. :o) (I apologize for the delay, my friend. I had to be away from Blogger again for a few days! So happy to be back.)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  37. fabulous boy card Karon! love the design. Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  38. I enjoyed my visit with you!! I ♥ EVERYTHING about your card.

    I just had to "follow" you so not to miss anything! It would make me so happy if you would follow me too. :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    Lots of BIG Hugs,

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome card!

    Hugs
    Kim

    Please if you have some time visit my new site DigiDarlaDesigns.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...