Saturday, 29 June 2013

Ahoy, me Hearties!

Hi all my bloggie friends and cohorts!  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  We are celebrating Canada Day on Monday, so a nice long weekend and Andy is home till Tuesday :-)

I have another card to share with you today, from the Polka Doodles new release Bonbon Belles Double CD.  You really do need to go check out this amazing compilation.

bonbonmontage2

I decided to use my Silhouette Cameo and cut out the pirate ship and Jack the pirate.  They were precoloured images, although Jack is also available on this CD as a black and white digi stamp, for you to colour up.


The papers are also from this CD and I inked the edges and added a little bit of twill ribbon around the middle.


I used the print and cut feature, my ship was shrunk to 2.5" and Jack the pirate is just 0.75", but the Cameo cut them perfectly.  I cut the ship twice and then just used the centre sails to give it a little bit of depth with some pop dots and then placed the whole ship on pop dots too.

The sentiment is by me, just typed up in Word and printed on some blue card stock and cut into a flag/banner/tag whatever you call those things :-)


For the inside I cut out the skull and cross bones twice, but in two different sizes.  


And there you have it a great boy card!  All the elements are from this new CD.

This card is being entered in the following challenges.

2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge #150: Stripes (closes 5 July)

Simon says Stamp and Show - Challenge: Stripes (closes 30 June)

Hiding in my Craft Room - Challenge #104: Freestyle (closes 5 July)

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

25 comments:

  1. Love the card it is as cute as can be! Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully done! Love your ship and that cute Jack. TFS
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this!!! Awesome dimension!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome, Karon!! The pirate ship is fabulous!! I love the dimension and the fun sentiment!! The little pirates are so cute too!! I hope you and Andy have a wonderful long weekend together!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack is so cute. I Love the pirate sip. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Gosh!!! This is Seriously BEAUTIFUL!! Love the dimensional look you gave to the ship! Cute sentiment!!
    This is Amazing my friend..I love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope this was a scheduled pay and your really our enjoying Andy! Your right, those collections are full of fun. Your card is too. Very whimsical and cute. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really gorgeous, love the sweet decoupaged image and the papers are fabulous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is such a fun card. Perfect for a boy!
    I know you will have a wonderful weekend no matter what your plans are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome - love that pirate ship! Wonderful depth on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karon this card is fabulous!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, Karon! Love the details on this one. And that little pirate...how adorable is he! Have a lovely weekend with the fam!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.....just fabulous Karon, great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card Karon, I love the chevron stripes and that pirate ship has incredible detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable pirate card, Karon! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW this is just tooooo cute. Love he dimension. The details are perfect and the patterns used to create the sky and water very creative.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. My dear friend, I hope you're having the most lovely weekend with your entire family together. :o) Your card is amazing, as always! The dimension is incredible, making it look like the ship is indeed floating on the water. :o) That ship is SO authentic. I love your paper choices and of course your marvelous sentiment. :o) Fantastic work, Karon! I'm always happy to see you've posted!

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful and oh so creative - you always blow me away with your amazing creations. Fabulous and amazing Karon - thank you for the inspiration!!
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahoy Matey! Me thinks this card is a real treasure. Love it! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun pirate card.love the ship and skulls.I have such a hard time with boy/men card,LO, ETC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! How you got your silhouette to cut out that exact image is amazing!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Hiding In My Craftroom this week! Blessings, Adrienne DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW - On the high seas I am - thanks me hearties :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. fab card thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week, good luck with the challenge Tracy x
    https://www.facebook.com/TracysPersonalisedCardsCandles

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is super cute. I like how the inside coordinates. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the 3D effect going on here. A nice playful card.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for stopping by my blog today. All your comments are really appreciated. Happy crafting everyone and have a great day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...