Friday, 4 January 2013

Polka Doodles - Emma Canning Blog Hop

Hi everyone - it's Friday again and time for another Polka Doodle challenge, but this week it is one with a difference!  You get the chance to win some fab Polka Doodle products by entering the challenge which is:

To Make A Card Using The Same Fab Emma Canning Image That I Have

You will find it free at the Polka Doodles Challenge Blog HERE

You need to enter the challenge and participate in the blog hop, to be eligible for any prizes.

If you have come to my blog from Fliss at The Stampers Chef, then you are on the right track.  If you are just popping in to visit me and you would like to take part, then you will need to start at the beginning at the Polka Doodle Challenge blog, as a full list of participants is there.  Don't forget that you need to leave a comment on each of the blogs, and enter the challenge to be in a chance of winning the mega Polka Doodle prize!

Here is my little bit of inspiration for you.

I decided to use the Emma Canning image to make a card for a friend.  The image was coloured using my Spectrum Noir markers.


The patterned papers are from the new Polka Doodles Cherry Blossom CD, that was released just before Christmas on the 15 December.  It is one fabulous CD, there are so many images (coloured and black and white for you to colour yourselves), sentiments, papers and some fabulous ready to go toppers to print and cut and so much more. 

I used my first ever Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels Eight - I wish I had bought some of these when I first started back to card-making, they are great!  I know, I'm easily pleased; you have all probably been using these for years LOL!


The sentiment is also from the same CD - isn't it just perfect - there really are loads to choose from, for all types of occasions.


I inked all the edges, of all the layers, with a purple Studio G ink pad and raised the sentiment layer to add a little dimension.

A little bit of ribbon, some pearl dots and a lovely bow to finish off my card.  I of course also did the inside of my card.  Used the Nestabilities in there too, and the little rose stamp is from a See D's set called Springtime Swirls (bought in the UK many moons ago).


I just love lilac colours and this came together really quickly, even the image didn't take too long to colour.

The Polka Doodles on line shop sells so many crafty items, along with their fabulous crafting CD's.   You only have to spend a minimum of  £10.00 to get Free Shipping Worldwide.  They are also beginning to expand into the digi world, with more instant downloads and more are being added weekly.  You can get lots of different downloads, from small bundles to individual images so why not go along and take a peek.

Of course, what is a blog hop without a little blog candy.  For one lucky follower who leaves a comment on my blog will have this little pile of goodies.  I will draw for the candy on the Monday 14th January, the day after the challenge finishes.


It includes:-
10 each of silver/gold metal fans (not real silver and gold LOL!)
5 woven papers 5"by 7"
2 packs of sticky ribbon
An assortment of little teeny bows.
Pack of 8 blank cards.

Just a little something to say thank you for being a follower and leaving me a comment.

Your next stop on the hop is Kimberly at Just Wordz, she will show you her creation that she made using Emma's cute image.

The Blog Hop will end at 12noon (GMT) Sunday 13 January, along with the challenge. So good luck, and happy hopping.

Please make sure you follow the challenge rules, found on the Polka Doodle challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting.

41 comments:

Monydav said...

I love violet, this card is very nice!
Monica

Asha said...

Love love the colours, Karon. I never thought much of lilac...but I stand corrected. Your colouring is impeccable, as always!

hugs
...A...

Anjie said...

Karon, I love lilac and you've used it perfectly! I love the double bow, and the sentiment is perfect.
Hugs
Anj
xx

Kimberly said...

Hey karen...hope things are well....fabulous card..i just love the colours...tfs

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab details.xxx

jessica said...

beautiful card Karon!!
LOVE your coloring of the adorable stamp :)
Happy Friday!!

Astrid said...

Lovely card Karon, i like the colours a lot.
Hugs Astrid

Emma Canning said...

Love this card - so pretty - colours are gorgeous :-) x x

Sally Bernhard said...

Hi Karon, this is a lovely use of colours, so pretty and fresh.
Hugs Sally from Germany xx

manuela said...

ciao karon
trovo davvero molto bella la colorazione che hai realizzato.

complimenti

un bx

Karon said...

Thank you - I'm glad you like the colouring:-)

Contagiously Crafty said...

Karon- It's been so wonderful watching your blog grow with you. Now your giving your own candy?!!!! Yeah you. It makes me smile huge smiles. Lovely card and blog hop. Keep it up, girl!

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Karon!! The colors are beautiful and the image is adorable!! I just love the sentiment!! Awesome card!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Karon! I love the soft color combo and the cute image! Thanks for the chance at your extra candy!

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Stunning! Love the purple and that paper is awesome! Great Job!

Norma Gomez said...

Beautiful card Karon & you did a fabulous job coloring it in. Have a wonderful weekend :D

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable image, Karon! And I love the pretty purple color!

Yoshira aka cricutalltime said...

This is so cute.love the sentiment and colored image.

D- said...

Love the colors. Your card is so cute. TFS.
Hugs D-
dmcardmaker

Lori said...

Your card is so sweet - great color!

Stephanie said...

What a cute card. The coloring is terrific. It took me a wile to use Spellbinders too. Now I can't get enough of them.

Tanya/Nonna said...

What a darling card! Love all the purple layers and embellishments. The image is just adorable and your coloring looks fabulous!

cass said...

Pretty card, love te sentiment

Karen said...

Karon, this card is so beautiful! You colored this sweetheart so wonderfully and the sentiment is truly lovely. The papers are fantastic... what an amazing CD, with so many perfectly coordinated elements. I love the colors and the gorgeous purple ribbon, too. :o) Marvelous creation as always, my friend! (And YAY for Spellbinders!) Thank you also for the opportunity to win such a pretty prize. :o) I hope you have a happy weekend, Karon! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Lori said...

Karon, this is a lovely card. lol at the Spellbinders comment because I tried them out about 3 months ago - they're great!

Sonya said...

Great image...and fabulous job coloring her. She's adorable!!!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great card. Love the colors you chose and your wonderful coloring. TFS

Georgiana said...

Very pretty with all that purple. I am a favorite of layering all the paper and Spellbinders are awesome!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card Karon.
I see you are ready for spring with your pastel colours ;)

Mi said...

Love your card, really appreciate the eye for detail :)

XO Mi

Eileen Ng said...

Lovely purples and I love the message you put on for a friend! :)

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Super cute card Karon. Great coloring as always!!

Susie

DIANA L. said...

So super adorable Karon Have a great week

Heather Oulton said...

Love the lilac colour of your card. my favourite colour.
This is new for me so having great fun this morning visiting blogs.thanks for such inspiration .Heather x

Karon said...

WOW - thanks so much for all the fab comments everyone and a welcome to the newbies followers:-)

Emma x said...

love theis feminine card - its really beautiful xx

Paper Panda said...

Lovely card, really pretty!
Mandy x

Karen said...

Love the card Karon...she is a sweet image. I grab her as a freebie and hope to play along. Really like the coloring and purple is my favorite color! Great card :)

Kimbo said...

Lovely colours on this card. This blog hop is great as I'm seeing so much I haven't noticed on the CD yet x

Teresa McKitterick said...

beautiful Karon, I love your layout.

Debbie said...

Such a pretty card.Love the soft subtle colours.Thank you for the chance to win.Hugs Debbie x